If you want a great website that satisfies your users expectations and also delivers a fantastic user experience, the reality is, investing in user research is an essential component to the success of your project.
Knowledge is power
As web developers, we rate User Experience Research (UXR) highly. It’s an important tool to help us understand how our clients go about performing tasks and achieving goals that are important to them. It provides us with context and perspective, and puts us in a position to respond with useful, simplified, and productive design solutions. Interrogating the data provided by UXR allows us to identify knowledge gaps, assess challenges, find opportunities and develop a website which supports the business strategy, core needs and goals of our clients. As well as inspiring great design, it allows us to evaluate solutions, and accurately measure results.
Maximising your ROI
Of course, budget dictates how much user research clients can afford, which is why we value quality over quantity. Working with Dux ensures you have an experienced team that understands your industry with the insight to designing for your end users. When properly directed, even the smallest budget can deliver excellent returns.
- Online surveys – allow you to speak directly to existing or prospective clients. Feedback from existing clients will highlight what you’re doing well and where you can improve, whereas prospective client feedback is useful to identify what engaged the user, how they found you and the reasons they failed to convert.
- Interviews – more time consuming but also more nuanced. Best carried out by experienced professionals with a keen eye for fine detail and the capacity to analyse and interpret responses.
- Data tracking software – with the right software, your website can be a great source of information. Collecting quantitative data allows us to refine product improvements and better optimise pages for conversion.
- Live testing – getting some people in a room for some hands-on testing before the website goes live is invaluable. Observation is a fast and effective way of identifying where an average user struggles with navigating or completing tasks on the site. Ongoing data analysis of site visitors, the length of stay and what engaged them informs continuous improvements.
- Provide incentives – a small incentive encourages wider participation and rewards the user which builds loyalty. Popular and affordable options include vouchers for local cafes or movie tickets.
You can’t please everyone so please the ones that matter
UXR can deliver confusing or contradictory results to the inexperienced eye, which is why it is vital to work with experienced professionals that can guide you through the process. At Dux we can provide advice on the options for obtaining the quickest and most meaningful insights. Our focus is getting the best ROI for our clients by directing resources efficiently, this avoids wasting time and effort in collecting and analysing data you don’t really need.